Friday, November 26, 2010

From a Registered Sex Offender

It is November 13 and I'm listening to you on the Janet Parshall show on Bott radio and want to say thank you for being who you are and what you are doing.

I was sexually abused at a young age and it affected me through my life and I became an abuser to the point I went to prison. I don't look on the prison as bad because it was God's way of saving me. Each day I grow more in the Lord, but there have been two times in the last seven years when I tried to end my life.

I'm glad you are able to reach people before they go through what I'm going through now. As a registered sex abuser it does make my walk rough.

My wife and sons stand by me, but there are times I wish my life would end to free them so they can have a normal life.

Please keep me in your prayers.

--Name withheld

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish to mirror the sentiments of the above poster. I too was sexually and mentally abused as a child on three different occasions. I went on to abuse as a teen and adult and went to prison where I finally received some help that I had been desperately needing. My wife and son stand behind me as well and like the other poster I too wish that I could free them of this burden.

Cecil Murphey said...

Dear Hogtied, if you would like to share more of your story, please email me at cec_haraka@msn.com.

I will not use your name.

Thank you for your courage and honesty.

Cec