Friday, February 12, 2016

Two Questions for Me

I nudge other men not to try to walk the road alone. We need to open up and talk to people who are trustworthy.

Here are two questions to help us decide to open ourselves to others.

1. What do I hope to receive? We need healthy, positive expectations. We also need to prepare ourselves for disappointment or skepticism.

2. Do I speak up because I want help from the person who listens to me? If so, we have to learn to say what we want. If we want the other person just to listen and care, we may need to say, "I don’t want you to do anything; I only want you to listen."

You may want to ask yourself other questions, but this is a good place to start.

Before I open myself,
I want to ask myself the right questions.

(This post was adapted from Not Quite Healed, written by Cecil Murphey and Gary Roe.)

No comments: