Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"It's Easier to Look in the Mirror"

(This is an additional post from Anonymous.)

Last night I started When a Man You Love Was Abused. One of the things that's been helpful reading it so far is being able to have names for different effects. It takes things out of ambiguity and gives them concrete boundaries which make them much easier to sort through.

One of the things I saw on the blog that was great was something to the effect that it's not something that is wrong with us, it's that something wrong has been done to us. I've been rolling that over in my head a bit. It makes it easier to look in the mirror. :)

--Anonymous

1 comment:

Pippi said...

I just wanted to say thankyou for this blog. I used to feel like I was the only Christian who cared about any of this, and since I started getting vocal about it, against a lot of peer pressure, I've found more and more who DO care, and some like you who are bent on making a difference. Thankyou, and thankyou to all your contributors for being willing to tolerate the stigma in order to help others.