I hurt for a long time because of childhood sexual abuse. Now I want to provide a safe place for hurting men to connect with other survivors of sexual abuse. Talk to us. You don't have to use your real name to share your experiences or ask questions.

Learning New Things

(an encore post by Cecil Murphey)

Years have passed since I dealt with my abuse. I cried so much the first two years I wondered if I would ever stop. But I gained insights about my behavior. I realized there were times when I spoke angrily and wasn't even aware of the tone I conveyed.

It still surprises me to gain perspective about myself that stems from the abuse of childhood. I constantly see new ways in which my past changed the way I see the world and react to people.

The more those things happen, the more victorious I feel. And even better: The more I like who I have become.

2 comments:

Joseph said...

I think what you say in this post goes hand-in-hand with what Robert said about himself when he was able to "recognize that my personality is a gift from God, NOT a sign of weakness and less masculine. I am truly thankful to be who I am now and I am learning to embrace this sensitive side of myself....because I know I can better be the hands of Jesus when I accept this gift HE has given me." I had not thought of it that way, but I think he's nailed it here.

Anonymous said...

I only hope that my husband, who moved out 1 1/2 years ago, and filed for divorce last August, is dealing with his hurts. I have tried to tell him I am here for him, but he has not changed his mind, though I sense an emotional connection yet with me. He seems to want to do it to get the house sold, where a lot of debt he caused is. He hasn't told everyone he is divorcing me, and still hids it.