Friday, October 7, 2011

Not Quite Healed

Gary Roe and I have a contract for a book with the working title Not Quite Healed. We're aiming the book at people like you who have faced sexual abuse and are moving toward spiritual and emotional health.

(If you reply to the information below, use cec.murp@comcast.net only for this request.)

1. If you have any topics/concerns about healing that we haven't mentioned in the blog, please let us know. We want to offer everything we can to promote healing.

2. Right now I'd like to hear from some of you on the issue of same-sex attraction. I'll use your name ONLY if you give me permission. Tell about the attraction, but focus on what you've done/are doing for yourself.

3. In a few weeks, Gary and I will post a list of topics where we want input. Because we respond in different ways to male sexual abuse, we want to be as inclusive as we can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just recently found your blog. Keep up the good work!

Skin hunger and same-sex attraction are hard to tell apart. I'm pretty sure I'm gay, and I enjoy sex with guys, but often what I want is for a dad-figure to hold me, or even just look at me (especially shirtless or naked).
If there was a place to go for that, I probably wouldn't seek out sex as much.

Cec Murphey said...

Thank you. It was sad to red your comment because it reminded me of my need--and so many, many other men i've met. Thank you for your candor.