I hurt for a long time because of childhood sexual abuse. Now I want to provide a safe place for hurting men to connect with other survivors of sexual abuse. Talk to us. You don't have to use your real name to share your experiences or ask questions.

My Name Is Louis

My name is Louis and I'm a therapist.

I deal largely with sexually abused men and women. I'm writing this because I used their experiences to help me heal from my own abuse. As they talked and I listened, I faced my painful past. Funny, but I followed the advice I gave them: "Face the demons of the past and they'll go away."

I'm also doing that. As others open up to me, I find myself opening up to myself and discovering deeper layers of pain. At times I feel like I've used them, but I also know that I helped them as well as myself.

The important thing I've learned during the past seven years is this: the healing is never fully completed.

No comments: